Q: This is going to be my first time doing the Kusam Klimb. What kind of gear do I need to bring? And how should I dress?
A: First and foremost, keep it light. You don't want to be weighed down as you work your way up to the peak and back to the bottom! Some of our experienced Klimbers added these as their must-have's for race day:
- Rain hat or slicker
- Quick-dry pants or convertible pants that unzip to become shorts
- The best quality, most snug-fitting socks you can find
- Cross-Trainers with mesh (Your feet WILL get wet!)
- Good gloves
- YakTrax or another traction device for your shoes so you don't lose your grip. (One Klimber found their pair at Sav-On Foods in Campbell River.)
- Moleskin - especially if you're prone to blisters!
- Bug/Wasp Repellent or Bounce sheets
- Baggies and Kleenex (Leave your footprints, but please take away your garbage / waste)
- Granola bars, nuts, or other protein snacks
- Water bottles or a hydration pack/water bladder
- All the determination and perseverance you can muster!
Smile! You're On...
AdventuresByCamera.com now has Klimb photos available on their Website, including pictures from the starting line, Checkpoint 2/3, and the Finish Line. Take a look!
A portion of all proceeds are donated to the Kusam Klimb. Thanks for your support!